Do butterflied jumbo shrimp overflowing with a buttery crab stuffing sound good? Well here is the recipe, along with a light roasted tomato cream sauce to take it to the next level of deliciousness.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 40m
- 24 Jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Small red pepper, small dice
- 2 tablespoons Chives, minced
- 1 Small lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Large clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs or crushed crackers (as less if desired)
- 1 pound Crab meat
- For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 14.5oz Can, fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine the mayonnaise, egg, 1 clove of garlic, red pepper, chive, lemon juice & zest and mustard. Add the breadcrumb and mix to combine. Add the crab meat and gently fold to combine, season with salt and pepper. Place shrimp on a parchment lined baking sheet. Scoop the stuffing in 1oz portions and place on top of shrimp and fold over the tail on the top. Drizzle with melted butter and cook for about 18 minutes until cooked through. Place under the broiler for a few minutes to brown. For the Sauce Add the oil to a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and heat through, about 2 minutes. Add the cream allow to heat until lightly bubbling. Remove from heat and puree using a blender or stick blender. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
I wanted to comment….looks awesome1
what is the size of the can of tomatoes??
Sorry, I missed that detail, one 14.5oz can.