I would be hard pressed to think of a better (and relatively easy) way to impress your dinner guests than by serving our beautiful Jumbo Lump crab on top of savory seared filet of beef and roasted asparagus all nestled under a warm blanket of decadent holldandaise sauce. Mic drop.
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 1h
- 8 ounces Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, trimmed and steamed
- 4 Beef Filet Steaks
- Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Butter
- Salt to Taste
- Dash of Hot Sauce (optional)
- For the Asparagus and Filet
- Steam the asparagus until tender. Cook the steak using favorite method, pan roasting or grilling to desired temperature. In a small sauté pan melt the butter and add the crab to heat through, being careful not to break up pieces.
- For the Hollandiase
- Microwave butter until hot. Add the egg, lemon juice and mustard to a blender and blend until smooth. With the blender on high, slowly add butter in a thin stream. Season with salt and hot sauce. Keep sauce warm until serving.
- To Plate
- Place one filet on each plate, top with asparagus and then crab meat, drizzle Hollandaise sauce over the top.