Always one of our most popular “just add crab” recipes and it couldn’t be much easier to make, and then make some more as it will go fast!
- 8 ounces Crab Meat
- Hot Sauce to taste (I prefer Valentino)
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
- 1 teaspoon Taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Chicken base
- 1 Can (4oz ea) Roasted Green Chiles, chopped
- 1 Can Rotel Tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 package (8oz) Velveeta
- To Garnish
- 1/2 Bunch Cilantro, stems removed, chopped
- 1/2 Bunch Scallions, green part only, thinly sliced
- In a medium pot over medium-low heat, add all of the ingredients except the crab & the garnishes. Stir frequently with a heat proof rubber spatula until fully melted and no lumps are present, about 8 minutes. Add the cheese, green chilies and Rotel tomatoes and allow the cheese to melt. Add the crab meat and gently fold, being careful not to break up the crab. Allow to the crab to heat through, about 3 minutes. Add hot sauce to desired spiciness. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with scallions and cilantro, serve with tortilla chips. The dip can also be made and held warm in a small crock pot.