A classic warm crab dip served up and down the Eastern seaboard, and for good reason. An easy and delicious way to make the best use of our 8oz crab cups!
- 8 ounces Crab Meat
- 1 package (8oz) Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Seafood Seasoning (like Old Bay brand)
- 2 -4 Dashes Hot Sauce (optional)
- In a medium pot add the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and mustard and heat over low to medium-low heat, stirring frequently with a heat proof rubber spatula. Cook until fully melted and no lumps are present, about 5 minutes. Add the cheese and mayonnaise and allow the cheese to melt. Add the crab meat and gently fold, being careful not to break up the crab. Allow to the crab to heat through, about 3 minutes. Add hot sauce to desired spiciness. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with scallions and serve with soft pretzels, pretzel chips or other favorite chip or cracker. The dip can also be made and held warm in a small crock pot.