Our crab is the perfect pairing to upscale your seasonal salads. Whether it is Summer and watermelon, or Fall and roasted butternut squash, your guests will be happy.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:10m
- Total Time:20m
- 8 ounces Crab meat
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Mint, chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Shallot, Red Onion or White of Scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 -2 Cups Watermelon, diced
- 2 Avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups Loosely Packed Seasonal Greens (such as pea greens, pea shoots, watercress, baby arugula)
- 2 Ripe Tomatoes, sliced, heirloom if available
- 1 Large Seedless Cucumber, peeled and shaved into long strips
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine all ingredients for the vinaigrette, except the oil, in a blender or in a cup with a stick blender. Briefly blend to combine. With the blender running, slowly add the oil in a steady stream to emulsify.
- Season the tomato slices with salt & pepper. In separate bowls toss the cucumber ribbons and the greens with a small amount of the vinaigrette to lightly coat. Using a ring mold, place the tomato slices in the bottom, top with the cucumber, then the greens, followed by a layer of the crab and top with the sliced avocado. Season the avocado with salt. Place a small amount of the vinaigrette on the plate and place the watermelon cubes around the plate.