Crab fries these are definitely one of the hot menu items of the moment. Some have actual crab, some just the essence of crab (like some Old Bay seasoning). Well I learned years ago at my restaurant, Taste, that when the menu says “crab fries” people are expecting some crab meat (otherwise call them Old Bay fries, IMO). Well these are fully loaded with crab, an IPA spiked beer-cheese sauce, some chorizo and some extra Cheddar and scallions for good measure.
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 45m
- Serves: 4
- Category: Appetizer, Jack's Catch And Pacific Cove, Lunch, Seafood, Side Dish
- 8 ounces Crab meat
- 1 package (28oz) Frozen French fries, natural cut preferred or fresh cut if preferred
- 1 cup Manchego Mornay
- 1/2 cup Chorizo Mix
- 8 ounces Favorite beer, I prefer a big IPA
- 1 cup Shredded sharp Cheddar
- 2 Scallions, thinly sliced
- Romesco sauce, to garnish
- Cook the fries using your favorite method (I am currently addicted to our air fryer). In a small pot over medium-high heat, add the beer and allow to come to a simmer. Add the Mornay sauce and whisk to combine. Reduce heat to medium low, add 1 cup of Cheddar and whisk until fully melted and incorporated. Add the chorizo and remove from the heat. Portion the fries into bowls, Pour the cheese sauce over the top, garnish with the scallions and the evenly sprinkle the crab meat on top of each.