It is time for the Holidays and that means Holiday parties. How about the flavors of classic spinach artichoke reinvented with the help of some delicious crab to make an elegant hors d’oeuvre.
- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:30m
- 6 ounces Package Baby Spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 14oz Cans Artichoke Hearts, drained and cut in half lengthwise
- 8 ounces Special or Similar Crab Meat
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add 1 TBS of olive oil and allow to heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant but not browned, add the spinach and the lemon juice and zest. Cook until the spinach is cooked down and most of the liquid has evaporated. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool slightly. Add the cream cheese and ½ of the cheese, mix until fully combined. Add the crab and fold to combine. Heat oven to 425⁰. Transfer the mixture to a large zip lock bag and cut the corner of the bag to use as a piping bag. Place the cut artichokes on a parchment lined baking sheet and fill the cavities of each with the crab mixture. Combine the breadcrumbs, remaining cheese and olive oil in a bowl, stir to combine. Sprinkle over the top of the artichokes. Bake for 10-12 minutes on upper shelf of oven until warm and golden browned.