Need a quick and simple but craveable and delicious crab appetizer? Well, here you go and it couldn’t be an easier. Pimento cheese has slowly made it’s way onto menus across the country in recent years. By “just adding crab” you can take it to another level that your guests are going to keep coming back for. For this recipe I used a premade pimento cheese, but feel free to make your own from scratch, maybe add some diced jalapeno for a little kick. These are great as an appetizer or even paired with a cup of soup as a lunch entrée.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 20m
- 1 pound Crab meat
- 1 16oz Container pimento cheese (jalapeno preferred)
- 1/2 cup Finely Shredded Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon Chives, minced
- 1 Baguette, sliced and lightly toasted
- Gently mix the pimento cheese, crab and chives. Spread onto crostini slices and sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly on top. Heat in a 400⁰ oven and bake until melted and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Serve warm.