What is the most common complaint people have with most crab cakes? It’s “where is the crab?”. When you try a crab cake the first thing you want to see and taste is crab, not breadcrumbs with some crab mixed in. We have the solution. Take your crab cakes to new heights with our IQF crab. Add a new level of excitement by adding whole pieces of jumbo lump crab on top of your cake. The first thing you will see and taste is whole pieces of beautiful, sweet and delicious jumbo lump crab. And with our IQF crab it can actually be affordable and easy.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 35m
- 1 pound Lump or Special Crab Meat (thawed if using frozen crab)
- 8 ounces IQF Jumbo Lump Crab Meat, frozen
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 TBS Dijon Mustard
- 1 ½ Tsp Seafood Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ Cup Ground Crackers or Breadcrumbs
- 1 TBS each of Butter and Cooking Oil (for cooking)
- Combine all ingredients except crab and bread crumbs. Add the 1lb of crab meat and gently fold into the mixture. Dust the ground cracker evenly over the mixture and gently fold to combine, adding just enough to bind the mixture. Use a ring mold and place several pieces (4-5) of the IQF crab in a single layer. Portion the mix into cakes using either a measuring cup or scoop and place on top of the pieces of IQF crab and press to bind. Turn upside down (IQF on top) and unmold before cooking. Optionally, drizzle the cakes with melted butter.
- Cooking Instructions
- Preferred method - bake at 375⁰ on a buttered or oiled baking sheet for about 12 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
- Sauté in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat with butter or oil. Cook for about 6 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and are heated through