A beautiful, light, seasonal salad which perfectly showcases our crab meat. The flavor of roasted fennel paired with peppery arugula, sweet Cara Cara oranges and a light tarragon vinaigrette make a perfect marriage with our crab that your guests are going to love.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 35m
- 1 -2 Fennel Bulbs (depending on size), trimmed and cut lengthwise into 6 - 1” thick slices
- 3 Cara Cara or similar Oranges
- 6 ounces Package Baby Arugula
- 1 TBS Fresh Tarragon
- ½ + 1 TBS Cup EVOO
- ¼ Cup Champagne or White Wine Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Ground black Pepper
- 8 ounces Crab meat
- Preheat oven to 400⁰. Peel and cut two of the oranges into segments, also known as supremes. Brush the fennel slices with 1TBS of EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roasted on middle rack of oven for 20 minutes, until soft but still holding shape and lightly browned. In a mason jar with lid add the remaining EVOO, the juice and zest of 1 orange and the tarragon, cover and shake to combine. Season to taste. In large bowl add the arugula, crab and the vinaigrette (reserve a few TBS to drizzle on plates), toss to combine, season to taste. Place one slice of the fennel on each plate, place a large mound of the arugula & crab salad offset on top of fennel. Surround with orange segments, drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.